Hainer comments on Bayern President: Hernández appears in court.
So far, those responsible for Bavaria had remained silent on the Hernández case. On Thursday, President Herbert Hainer finally made a statement – and also assured the support of the association.
According to Bayern Munich President Herbert Hainer, Lucas Hernández will travel to Madrid to appear before the 32nd criminal court next Tuesday as requested. “He’s going there now, then it’ll be negotiated, then we’ll see,” said Hainer on Thursday on the sidelines of the official opening of the 1900 clubhouse on the Munich campus.
On Wednesday, a Spanish court ordered the execution of a prison sentence against world champion Hernández. The 25-year-old was convicted in December 2019 of violating a ban on approach and contact with his former girlfriend, with whom he is now married after the reconciliation.
The 32nd criminal chamber in the Spanish capital meets on Tuesday at 11 a.m. Then, according to the court ruling, the French international will have to start his 2019 six-month prison sentence in a prison of his choice within ten days. How the case will end is currently completely open.
So far, no person responsible from Munich had commented on the Hernández case. Hainer didn’t want to go into more detail on Thursday evening either: “These are Lucas Hernández’s private things, I don’t want to evaluate them,” said the 67-year-old. However, Hainer assured the support of the player on the part of the club.