Attack in Norway: Squid Game fan thought sounds of deadly rampage came from Netflix.


Attack in Norway: Squid Game fan thought sounds of deadly rampage came from Netflix.

Sarkis Younan, 24, was watching the Korean TV show at her house next to the store when the rampage began. She remembered armed police trying to stop the perpetrator

A woman who witnessed the bow and arrow rampage in Norway thought the sounds of people killed came from her television when she saw Squid Game.

Police in Kongsberg City confirmed that a male suspect was arrested following yesterday’s attack, which left five dead and several others injured.

Police chief Oeyvind Aas also said: “According to the information available to us, this person carried out these actions alone.”

The police have since confirmed that he is a 37-year-old Danish citizen who lives in Kongsberg.

According to witnesses, he started shooting arrows at a Coop Extra around 6:13 p.m. Sarkis Younan sat next to the store and watched the new hit show from Netflix Squid Game, reports Der Spiegel.

She told the local media, “I was sitting and watching Squid Game when suddenly I saw and heard sirens.

“I thought it was on the TV series. All of a sudden I heard the police scream like hell, ‘Put your gun down!’”

Squid Game is a South Korean series that has risen to number one on Netflix in the past few weeks. It revolves around characters who fight to the death to win a massive cash prize.

The 24-year-old student said police entered the store while other armed officers warned residents not to stay inside.

A terrorist investigation was launched after the man was arrested.

He is said to have been involved in a confrontation with the police at the scene and tried to escape before being arrested just over 30 minutes after the officers were first alerted.

According to local reports, a responding officer was shot in the back with an arrow.

At least eight ambulances and three rescue planes were on site.

Oslo University Hospital was on standby to receive the victims.

Police also said they are now investigating the possibility that he used other weapons during the rampage.

Mayor Kari Anne Sand described the incident as “cruel”.

It announced that the attack occurred in the Vestiden area, which has apartments, shops and a university campus.

In an interview with the VG newspaper, she said: “It is a tragedy for all concerned. I’m lost for words.

“This is a shocking event that we didn’t think could happen in Norway.”

It’s been a little over a decade since right-wing terrorist Anders Behring Breivik killed 77 people, including many children, in Norway’s capital Oslo and on the island of Utøya.

Clean Bowled News


Leave A Reply